Thursday, January 10, 2008

TOP NUMBER THREE


This top is made using the Fearless T-shirt pattern from Material Things "The Classics" pattern line. I received this pattern as a gift from Julie at Timmel's for completing last year's SWAP and have used it at least a dozen times since. This is a great basic pattern for t-shirts, sleeveless ts and turtlenecks. You can easily alter the pattern to make a different neckline. The pattern is well drafted and the tips in the instructions are great. I think this pattern could easily be made by a beginner and would be agreat way to begin working with knits. However, it could also be a TNT for a more advanced sewer. I highly recommend it as an addition to your pattern collection and I believe Julie still carries it.


Again, the photgraph does not do the colour of the fabric justice. This is a lovely soft wool knit in a cream shade that works well with the browns I have chosen and would also do well with the numerous black pieces that I have in my wardrobe. I expect given its neutral colour, it will be one of those tops that goes with darned near anything I have. I have made this same top in this same fabric in black and it is one of my favourite tops - soft, lightweight, warm and comfortable.

No comments: