Saturday, January 5, 2008

SIMPLICITY 3634 JACKET


This is my wardrobe pattern and the jacket is the first piece I am completing from this pattern. Its made of a chocolate rayon doubleknit (EOS) and I hope will it be quite a versatile piece. I have been reading all these articles lately about matching wearing black and brown together and have seen it as a suggested colour combination. I intend to try that out and will post the results later.
I made the short version first from an acrylic boucle as a wearable muslin and then decided to go for the longer version for my SWAP. I had to make the usual adjustments (FB, sloping shoulders, narrowed the shoulders, shortened torso, shortened bust are) but in the end, I am happy with the result. I need to do a final press and then I'm done.

It was a bit windy out when I was taking the photos so things are not looking quite right here. The jacket actually does hang properly and that's my Vogue top peeking out from beneath the jacket.

I have a matching turtleneck in this rayon doubleknit that I sewed up early this fall. Its great fabric to work with and to wear. It takes embroidery well as long as the stitch pattern isn't too dense. I highly recommend this fabric for comfort and ease.

I have

2 comments:

SewRuthie said...

Wow! You are really making progress. Interesting about black and brown, I bought a jacket which has brown stitching and buttons on black in the sales, we'll see how wearable that turns out to be.

Allison said...

Thanks, Ruthie. I have two more tops to photograph. I'm just waiting for a day when its not raining and maybe I can convince DH to help with the fashion photography. Where I live, waiting for the sun can be quite a wait!

I had the most wonderful pair of black and brown pumps years ago. They went with everything and as a result, eventually wore out. Hope you will find the same with your jacket. It sounds lovely.